- This event has passed.
International Symposium on the Aesthetic Dimensions of Science
June 3 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
International Symposium on the Aesthetic Dimensions of Science:
Beauty, Awe, and Wonder in Scientific Inquiry
Sponsored by the Institute for Human Ecology and the Sociology Department with support from the Templeton Religion Trust
How do aesthetic factors such as beauty, awe, and wonder shape the practice of science? Are such experiences help or hindrance to scientific progress? And do they vary across disciplines and national cultures?
Join us for an international symposium that explores these questions, hosted by IHE Fellow Brandon Vaidyanathan.
- James McAllister (Philosophy, Leiden University)
- Robert Gilbert (Biology, University of Oxford)
- Mario Livio (Astrophysics, University of Nevada, Las Vegas)
- Duilia DeMello (Astrophysics, Catholic University of America/NASA)
- Renny Thomas (Sociology, University of Delhi)
- Stefano Sbalchiero (Sociology, University of Padova)
To learn more and to RSVP, click here.
For questions or accommodations, please contact email@example.com.