Healing the Breach of Trust
February 6 @ 8:15 am - 4:00 pm
The Role of the Laity in Responding to the Crisis: Theological and Historical Foundations
The Catholic University of America will host a day of talks, which will constitute the second of a series of planned conferences on the Church’s current crisis. You may join us for all or any of the sessions during this FREE event.
Cardinal Daniel DiNardo – Archbishop of Galveston-Houston
President John Garvey – Catholic University
Christopher Ruddy – Catholic University
Carlos Eire – Yale University
Sr. Nancy Bauer, O.S.B. – Catholic University
Bronwen McShea – Princeton University
Michael Root – Catholic University
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Can’t make it in person? Livestream it here.
For questions or accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 8:15 AM — Mass celebrated by Cardinal DiNardo (Caldwell Chapel)
- 9:30 AM — Welcome and Introductory Address – Cardinal Daniel DiNardo, Archbishop of Galveston-Houston and President John Garvey, Catholic University
- 10:30 AM — Brief break
- 10:45 AM — The Engagement of the Laity and Vatican II – Chistopher Ruddy, Catholic University
- 11:15 AM — The Historical Background for Lay Engagement – Carlos Eire, Yale University
- 11:45 AM — Discussion
- 12:15 PM — Lunch
- 1:30 PM — The Engagement of the Laity and Canon Law – Sr Nancy Bauer, O.S.B., Catholic University
- 2:00 PM — The Age of the Laity? Historical Reconsiderations in Light of the Crisis – Bronwen McShea, Princeton University
- 2:30 PM — Every Christian Prophet, Priest and King – Michael Root, Catholic University
- 3:00 PM — Break
- 3:20 PM — Open Discussion – Q & A with all five speakers
- 4:00 PM — End